Travertine is a great material for building an elegant and luxurious pool deck that will never go out of style. As long as you buy the pavers from the right supplier, you can easily build a high-quality travertine deck and create a consistent design with copings of the same material for your pool, too. Here are some of the top reasons why travertine is a good choice for your pool deck:
- Boost your property’s value – With a travertine deck, you can increase the value of your property, in case you plan to sell it in the future.
- Keep your pool safe – Tumbled and chiseled travertine pavers provide extra grip for the feet to prevent people from slipping and falling. This feature makes your pool deck safer, especially if you have kids and seniors present.
- Lasts for generations – The material is a natural stone that is known for its durability, which is proven by ancient structures like the Roman Colosseum. Brick and other stone pavers can fade over time when exposed too water and sunlight, and concrete can crack easily, so you might have to renovate sooner. You do not have to worry about those issues when you build a travertine deck. You will find travertine pavers cost-effective in the long run, too, as their durability prevents the need for immediate repairs, frequent maintenance, and renovations.
- It looks good – Travertine pavers will add a classy and sophisticated touch to your pool area to make it more conducive for parties, entertaining, and lounging.
- There are copings for every application – If you are building a travertine deck, consider using travertine pool copings for a uniform look. Standard bullnosed coping come in different sizes that will suit every size or shape of swimming pool, without requiring large cuts for a cost-effective installation. Some suppliers carry remodeling pool copings and thick copings, too.